1 tablespoon butter or dairy free butter
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 large shallot, sliced
1 - 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
8 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
1 lb medium count shrimp, deveined
1/2 c dry white wine
(1) Fix linguini according to directions. Rinse and set aside
(2) Melt butter over medium high heat. Add olive oil. Add shallots and cook for 5 minutes. Add minced garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
(3) Add sliced mushrooms. Cook over medium high heat until almost all the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated (about 20 minutes).
(4) Add shrimp. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
(5) Add dry white wine to deglaze pan.
(6) Toss with linguini noodles.
(7) Stir in grated cheese. Serve in preheated pasta bowls or on preheated plates with a sprig of fresh basil on the side.
I served this with a fresh salad and some freshly made garlic herb bread.
Notes: Next time I make this will only use 5 - 6 oz of linguini as I had so much leftover. Not all the linguini would fit into the pan and toss well at least for me. For the butter I used Earth Balance's Soy Free, Dairy Free, Gluten Free "butter". Pecorino Romano is a sheep's milk cheese which is a great substitute for our family.