Friday, July 17, 2015

Strawberry Banana Smoothie - 2

One individual in my family is completely dairy free (cow dairy) but loves to have a nice cold frozen dessert.  This is super easy to make.  

1 1/4 cup rice milk
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons goat yogurt
1 medium banana, frozen and chopped
2 1/4 cup frozen strawberries chopped
1-2 tablespoons coconut nectar

Layer into the blender in order given.  Process until smooth.  This will make 2 16 ounce glasses of smoothie.  Eat one and freeze the other.  Following day, remove from freezer for about 20 minutes.  Can place in a food processor to create smoothie texture again.

1 comment:

  1. I need to find some goat milk so I can make some goat yogurt. I keep meaning to do this but haven't.I limit my dairy to almost none at all (only use it in the form of h alf n half in my coffee) but our grandgirl can have NO DAIRY. The minute she has it - her body breaks out in hives, splotches and patches! I will save this to let her try when she comes over!

    ReplyDelete