Thursday, July 16, 2015

Triple Berry Crunch

Making some lifestyle changes and this is my first attempt at an allergy free dessert. This dessert received a total of 2 thumbs up from everyone in the family.  Definitely a dessert that I would be willing to serve to company or take to a potluck.  Super yummy!

3-4 cups of berries; blueberries, marionberries, blackberries and strawberries
1 tablespoon gluten free flour

Toss together.

Layer in the bottom of a quiche baking dish.

1 cup gluten free flour
3/4 c brown sugar
1/4 to 1/3 cup dairy free, soy free butter

Using a pastry cutter, mix the above three ingredients until the mixture resembles a fine sandy mixture.  Spoon over the top of the berries.

Bake at 350 for around 30 minutes.

I used Namaste Gluten Free Flour that I picked up from Costco.  For the butter I used Earth Balance Soy Free "Butter".

My family has requested that next time I increase the crust so there is more "crunch."  I might also add some almond flour since we are not nut free (for the time being).  Next time I will also be making the crust from a gluten free pancake and waffle mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment