Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Avocado Shake

The very first time that I visited Portland, Arthur took me to all his favorite restaurants.  Oh what fun he had introducing me not only to his favorite restaurants but also new ethnic foods.  One of which was an avocado shake from Thien Hong and then later at Pho Van.  I was skeptical to say the least but wanting to be a good sport I agreed to try it.  Oh my, was I glad! 

Later when my mom vacationed in Portland with me, Arthur and I introduced her to avocado shakes.  Like me she was quite skeptical.  After two sips, my avocado shake migrated to her place at the table.  I just turned to Arthur and asked him to order another one. How I wish I could find that picture of her enjoying that shake.  The caption would read:  Pure Bliss!

So before you write me off as crazy, which I probably am, try it!  You will not be disappointed!

Here is the recipe for Pho Van's version. 

1/2 ripe avocado
1T condensed Vietnamese milk
1/3 c water
1 1/2  - 2 c ice
1 T sugar

Mix thoroughly in a blender.  Serve in chilled glasses with a mint sprig.

No comments:

Post a Comment